Here's an update from DOT. Looks like 94 West can be accessed at Watertown Plank or by driving out to Brookfield.
I-94 WESTBOUND TRAFFIC SWITCH
A major traffic switch on I-94 West is scheduled to occur overnight on January 3 and 4. I-94 West traffic will be shifted onto new pavement between WIS 100 and Elm Grove Road as crews begin reconstruction of the current I-94 West lanes. With this traffic switch, the following changes will take place:
Night of January 3:
- The WIS 100 entrance ramp to I-94 West will be closed long-term through late fall 2017
Night of January 4:
- The WIS 100 entrance ramp to I-94 East will reopen
Please note that your GPS may not yet be up to date with the new freeway design, so watch directional signage closely. As always, plan ahead, allow for extra time, and watch directional signage closely.
*All work is weather dependent and subject to change
DETOUR ROUTES FOR THE WIS 100 ENTRANCE TO I-94 WEST
- From the North: Continue to Watertown Plank Road. East on Watertown Plank Road to the I-41 South entrance ramp. Take the system ramp from I-41 South to I-94 West.
- From the North: Continue to Bluemound Road. West on Bluemound Road to Moorland Road. South on Moorland Road to the I-94 West entrance ramp.
- From the South: Continue to Greenfield Avenue. West on Greenfield Avenue to Moorland Road. North on Moorland Road to the I-94 West entrance ramp.